Lite-Strips are used in raised planting beds and plant boxes , particularly for their high water storing capacity. In order to prove the positive effects of Lite-Strips the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU) have carried out extensive laboratory tests.
The results are impressive:
- Lite-Strips mixed with soil retain 8 times more water than expanded clay beads.
- The irrigation intervals are augmented; if a longer absence (e.g. holidays or business trip) is planned, the plants are simply irrigated more prior to the absence. The Lite-Strips will store the water and release it when needed.
- The installation of Lite-Nets – appr. 15-20 cm subsurface, lifted on both sides, retracted and filled with water penetrable material like wood chip– allows an extensive underground irrigation and aeration in a simple way.
- LongLite-Strip can be cut off very easily from a roll (e.g. 4 cm width, 10 m long) in any length and put into the soil as excellent water storage.
- The cost effective Lite-Net as well as Lite-Strips and LongLite-Strip for raised planting beds and plant boxes is available in two basic versions: made of long-lasting polypropylene or biologically degradable raw material such as wood fibre.
- Extremely simple installation.
The results of these applications are persistent plant growth and lush plants.