LITE-STRIPS are used in raised planting beds, plant boxes and graves, particularly for their high water storing capacity. In order to prove the positive effects of Lite-Strips the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU) have carried out extensive laboratory tests.
The results are impressive:
- LITE-STRIPS mixed with soil retain 8 times more water than expanded clay beads.
- The irrigation intervals are augmented; if a longer absence (e.g. holidays or business trip) is planned, the plants are simply irrigated more prior to the absence. The LITE-STRIPS will store the water and release it when needed.
- The installation of LITE-NET – appr. 15-20 cm subsurface, lifted on both sides, retracted and filled with water penetrable material like wood chip– allows an extensive underground irrigation and aeration in a simple way.
- BLUELITE-AGRI is a cost-effective combination of a drip irrigation hose with a protective, distributing and water-storing fleece coating and is installed underground at root depth in the soil. This system can therefore also be used with existing plants and can be easily removed again.
- The cost effective LITE-NET as well as LITE-STRIPS and BLUELITE-AGRI for raised planting beds and plant boxes is available in two basic versions: made of long-lasting polypropylene or biologically degradable raw material such as wood fibre.
- Extremely simple installation.
The results of these applications are persistent plant growth and lush plants.