LITE-NET for slopes result in massively improved plant growth and in reduced erosion. Thick nonwoven geotextiles are incised to be extended to their multiple original sizes when placed in situ.
As these nonwoven nets consist of up to 90% open, interconnected voids they can drain air and water very well on the one hand and additionally they serve as a water reservoir. According to research carried out by the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna (BOKU):
- LITE-NET retains approx. two times more water than a common coir mat
- The nonwoven net retains even 6 times more water than the coir mat after 24 hours
Thereby this innovative nonwoven net irrigates young plants in a more effective and persistent way. Due to this optimised irrigation plants grow in a better way on LITE-NET slopes.
The research carried out by BOKU shows that
- the vegetation effect with LITE-NET is more than 50% higher than with the coir mat
- the patented nonwoven net is significantly more flexible than the coir mat and hence perfectly adapts to the surface of the slope thereby reducing erosion substantially
Three basic versions of the cost effective LITE-NET for slopes are made of high-strength polypropylene or biologically degradable raw material such as wood fibre and PLA. Installing it is very simple and easy. With steep slopes the LITE-NET may be fixed using usual hooks.
The subsurface BLUELITE-NET system is protected against vandalism and especially indicated for the irrigation of slopes exposed to the sun. It irrigates the slope efficiently and without evaporation. Due to its open net structure, the roots can fully develop without encountering any obstacle, preventing the creation of a sliding layer and even increasing the slope’s stability.
- large area water distribution without evaporation
- easy installation at any floor depth
- cost-effective and durable
- rootable water storage
- water savings of up to 70
- protection of the irrigation pipe by fleece coating
Project Vienna Municipality: LITE-NET Slope Greening
In August 2018, our LITE-NET was installed by the municipality of Vienna in the 7th district’s Josef-Strauß-Park. The installation was completed by the company Grünwert.