The active BLUELITE-NET system is a completely new and technically improved solution for water-saving underfloor irrigation for e.g. trees or sports fields.
It consists of 3 elements:
1 a drip irrigation TUBE
2 BLUELITE-COVER, a protective geotextile cover for the tube which distributes water into the
3 LITE-NET where it is distributed over a large area at root depth.
1 + 2 = BLUELITE-TUBE (TUBE 1 + BLUELITE-COVER 2)
The BLUELITE-COVER distributes the water linearly along the irrigation tube, while increasing the water / soil contact area by a factor of 1,000 and protects the tube openings against root ingrowth and blockage caused by soil fines.
The BLUELITE-COVER for the irrigation pipe therefore has several functions:
- protection of the openings of the irrigation pipe against ingrowth of plant roots
- water distribution in longitudinal direction of the irrigation pipe (important for soil mix)
- contact or water transfer to the distribution network
- a thousandfold increase in the contact area of water with the ground
- mechanical protection of the irrigation pipe
- if the irrigation pipe fails, it can be replaced in-situ with a new one
Subsurface irrigation eliminates evaporation, felting and surface waterlogging, reducing the cost of surface treatment. Irrigation is possible at any time and throughout, even if the lawn is being used or mowed. Because of the open and flexible shape of the net, there is no barrier at all; it can be laid at any depth, as plant roots can easily grow through or anchor themselves around the net, thus extracting 100% of the water stored in the net when needed. Even during the growth phase or in a plant mix, the plants are optimally supplied. Compared to spray irrigation, up to 70% water is saved.
If desired, the BLUELITE-COVER can also be delivered without an irrigation pipe and other pipes can be inserted yourself.